In addition to the informative signs, there were a variety of funny ones, some made by spectators, and some put out by the race itself.
My favorite – poking fun at the Disney Race so many of us ran just two weeks ago, is pictured above.
None of the worries runners have with inaugural races were an issue here.
- There were plenty of bathrooms, at the beginning and throughout the race.
- There was A LOT of water, more than most, almost every mile.
- There was energy gel provided at one of the stops
- There was enthusiastic volunteer support from beginning to end.
- The path was safe, well marked, supported, and interesting.
- AND THEY DIDN’T RUN OUT OF MEDALS
Speaking of which, the medal was beautiful, and the ribbon it hung on was stunning.
At the finish line festival, runners were handed a food and beverage card. In addition to the water and soda found at any race – there were samples (of substantial size) from the many of the restaurants around the Town Center. My favorite was the Garlic Knot from Upper Crust Pizza Cafe, and of course some Starbucks Coffee.
The finish line festival was still hopping when we made our way back to the car, but this wonderful event reminded me that I should visit this charming local spot more often.
There are many races I would do again, this one I am excited to do again. I would recommend it to anyone… but it sold out fast this year… so those who are interested, may want to follow their Facebook page for the announcement about next years race, I have a feeling year two will sell out in record time.